We desire unity for our church as we move forward with plans to re-gather. We realize there is a range of differing opinions in our congregation on what this looks like; therefore, we want to continue to minister to everyone in a way that matches each one’s comfort level. We ask for patience and grace as we make adjustments throughout the summer. With prayerful consideration, the church leadership presents the following for re-opening:
- There is no limit to the number of people allowed for a worship service.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres should be maintained between congregants unless members of the same household.
- Congregants must not attend if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, short of breath).
- Refrain from shaking hands, hugging, touching, passing items between people, using hymnbooks, passing offering plates, etc.
- Nursery is not permitted. Young children should remain with parents.
- Sunday morning worship services weekly at 10:30
- The main service will take place in the auditorium, and overflow will be in the gym.
- The service in the auditorium will be video livestreamed for folks at home and in the gym.
- The auditorium and gym chairs will be arranged with rows two metres apart.
- The service in the auditorium will include congregational singing.
- The service in the gym will NOT include congregational singing (humming allowed). Those not wanting to sing or be around singing should go to the gym.
- Children are welcome, but there will be no nursery or children’s classes. A children’s story will be included as part of the Sunday morning worship service.
- Main doors, school doors, and gym doors will be available for entry and exit.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed at all entry/exit points.
- Face masks may be worn but will not be required.
- Only the main floor will be accessible; second and third floors will be closed.
- All main floor washrooms will be available.
- A receptacle for giving will be available outside the church office. Giving online will continue to be available.
- We will discontinue the prerecorded service since the Sunday service will be livestreamed. Those who stay home can watch the entire service live or anytime afterwards.
- There will no longer be a need to register ahead of time for services and Bible studies.
- The Wednesday prayer and Bible study will continue in-person and via Zoom throughout the summer at 7 pm.
- The Sunday evening discipleship training will stop at the end of June and resume in September.