We desire unity for our church as we move forward with plans to re-gather. We realize there is a range of differing opinions in our congregation on what this looks like; therefore, we want to continue to minister to everyone in a way that matches each one’s comfort level. We ask for patience and grace as we make adjustments throughout the summer.
- There is no limit to the number of people allowed for a worship service.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres should be maintained between congregants unless members of the same household.
- Congregants must not attend if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, short of breath).
- Refrain from shaking hands, hugging, touching, passing items between people, using hymnbooks, passing offering plates, etc.
- Nursery is not permitted. Young children should remain with parents.
- Sunday morning worship services weekly at 10:30
- The main service will take place in the auditorium, and overflow will be in the gym.
- The service in the auditorium will be video livestreamed for folks at home and in the gym.
- The auditorium and gym chairs will be arranged with rows two metres apart.
- The service in the auditorium will include congregational singing.
- The service in the gym will NOT include congregational singing (humming allowed). Those not wanting to sing or be around singing should go to the gym.
- Children are welcome, but there will be no nursery or children’s classes. A children’s story will be included as part of the Sunday morning worship service.
- Main doors, school doors, and gym doors will be available for entry and exit.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed at all entry/exit points.
- Only the main floor will be accessible; second and third floors will be closed.
- All main floor washrooms will be available.
- A receptacle for giving will be available outside the church office. Giving online will continue to be available.
- We will discontinue the prerecorded service since the Sunday service will be livestreamed. Those who stay home can watch the entire service live or anytime afterwards.
- There will no longer be a need to register ahead of time for services and Bible studies.
- The Wednesday prayer and Bible study will continue in-person and via Zoom throughout the summer at 7 pm.
- The Sunday evening discipleship training will stop at the end of June and resume in September.
Edmonton city council passed a bylaw requiring face coverings in all indoor public spaces. This mandate goes into effect August 1, 2020 and includes all indoor church gatherings.
We talked to a representative from the city’s bylaw department to get some clarification of how this will impact the fellowship and worship in our church facility on Sundays. We were told that anyone teaching, speaking from the pulpit, or performing music qualifies under the exception of “engaging in services that require the temporary removal of a face covering.” The bylaw also makes an exception for “persons unable to wear a face covering due to mental or physical concern or limitation.” There may be several people in our congregation who do not wear a mask on Sunday or remove their mask during the service for one of these reasons.
This bylaw will not be enforced by our church, and we should all assume that anyone not wearing a face covering has a good reason. We should not be judgmental of anyone’s motive. A limited number of masks will be available; however, we encourage you to bring your own.